• In certain circumstances, you may find yourself in need of your driving record. Unfortunately, you will not be able to access this record via the Internet. You can obtain a copy of your record by submitting a written request to the Florida DHSMV or a private vendor who is authorized to perform such transactions. You may find a list of authorized vendors here. If you choose to contact the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles directly, you will need to include the following items with your written request to obtain a copy of your driving record:

    • Your full name
    • The date of birth or approximate age
    • Social Security number
    • Florida driver license number
    • The address where the record is to be sent
    • The appropriate fee

    DHSMV fees are as follows:

    3-YEAR RECORD $2.10 fee
    7-YEAR RECORD (COMPLETE) $3.10 fee

    You may pay by a personal check or money order made payable to the Division of Driver Licenses. Please note that fees requested by a private vendor may be different from the fees displayed here.

    When you are ready to send the application together with the required fee, you can mail it to the following address:

    Bureau of Records
    P.O. Box 5775
    Tallahassee, Florida 32314-5775

    If you wish to use next day delivery carriers, please send your request to:

    Bureau of Records
    2900 Apalachee Parkway, MS 90
    Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0575.

    For more information about requesting your Florida Driving Record, visit the Florida DHSMV website.

    FL DHSMV Office Locations & Hours »

    Note: This article was accurate when it was published. Please confirm all details directly with the FL DHSMV. You can visit the Florida DHSMV website.

  • DriversEd.com is a privately held company and is in no way associated with the Department of Motor Vehicles, any other government agency, or the driving schools listed in this website. All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. DriversEd.com does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages.