- Always make sure your doors and windows are closed when you leave the vehicle, even for a short period of time. Do not leave a vehicle running unattended.
- Always park in well lit areas; avoid parking in isolated parking spaces or in bad neighborhoods.
- Never leave any valuables and equipment inside your vehicle. Place them in the trunk of the vehicle and lock the vehicle.
- Install a vehicle alarm system if you store valuable items in your vehicle.
- Never leave a spare key inside the vehicle, especially if it can be seen from the outside.