Earn Your License with the Drivers Ed Authority
Earning a Arizona drivers license should be simple. We know your goal is to get in the drivers seat as soon as possible and with as little hassle as possible—and we can help you.
How does online drivers ed work?
Just create an account (it takes less than a minute), and you're all set to start Arizona drivers ed course.
Your course is available to you online 24/7. That means you can log in and out whenever you want and from any computer that has Internet access! When you log back in, we'll take you back to the exact place you left off. Doesn't that sound better than spending your weekends in a classroom?
At the end of the course there will be a final exam. Don't worry though—you can take it as many times as you need in order to pass. Once you pass the test, we'll mail out your Certificate of Completion within 1 business day. Shipment by USPS First Class Mail is free, but you can always upgrade your certificate's delivery method if you want.
How do I get my drivers license?
In order to get the instruction permit and eventually the Arizona drivers license, everyone regardless of age must pass a written test on traffic laws and signs. Most people fail this test on their first try.
Pass the first time when you learn the rules of the road with DriversEd.com and prepare for the instruction permit test with our Arizona MVD practice permit tests. Our online practice tests are free when you purchase our online Arizona drivers education course.
Apply for the instruction permit at an MVD office near you.
- Be 15 years and 6 months old.
- Provide proof of identification including proof of date of birth and legal presence. To see the acceptable document list, check out the "Identification and Proof of Age" topic in the Driver Manual.
- Pay the fee of $7.00.
- Pass a medical and vision screening examinations.
- Pass a written examination. One application fee allows you 3 attempts to pass the test in a 12-month period.
You must be accompanied by a class A, B, C or D licensed driver, who occupies the seat beside you. This permit is valid for 12 months.
If you are under 18, you must practice for at least 5 months and complete at least 30 hours (10 hours at night) of supervised driving practice.
- Be at least 16 years old.
- Have held your instruction permit for at least 6 months if you are under 18.
- Have a parent or legal guardian sign the legal guardian section on the driver license application if you are under 18.
- Have satisfactorily completed an Arizona drivers education program approved by MVD or the parent or guardian must certify in writing that the applicant has completed at least 30 hours of supervised driving practice, including at least 10 hours at night.
- Show proof of vehicle liability insurance when you check in for your road test appointment.
Upon passing the road test, you will be issued a new Class G (Graduated) License (under 18) or a Class D license (over 18).
Who can take the Arizona drivers education course?
Anybody! This online course is available to all Arizonans who want to learn the rules of the road, prepare for the learners permit test, and possibly qualify for an auto insurance discount.
What is the difference between drivers education and drivers training?
- Drivers Education: a course which teaches you the rules of the road, vehicle safety, and everything that you need to know before you get behind the wheel for the first time. In the past, everyone had to take drivers education in a classroom setting, but now in many states you can do it online!
- Drivers Training: the in-car driving lessons that you take with a licensed driving instructor. Find a local driving school here.
Can I earn an auto insurance discount with this course?
For many insurance providers, a Certificate of Completion from our online drivers education course qualifies you for a discount on your auto insurance. However, because every driver's situation is different, the only way to know for sure is to ask your insurance agent.
How much does the course cost?
The cost for the online Arizona drivers education course, including your Certificate of Completion, is $99.
How long will it take for me to finish the course?
This will vary depending on your individual pace. The course is designed to be about 15 hours. The good news is that with DriversEd.com, you can always go at your pace and log in and out whenever you want. Think how fast time can fly if you do 20 minutes here and there!
Can I try the Arizona course before I pay?
Sorry, not at this time!
How do I access the 50 free practice permit tests that come with the course?
After you pay for the course, your free practice permit tests will be accessible in your account.
When will I receive my Certificate of Completion?
After you complete the DriversEd.com course, we will mail your Certificate of Completion for free and within 1 business day. All certificates are mailed via First Class Mail by default.
How can I change the delivery method of my Certificate of Completion?
You can change your delivery method online in your account or by calling us at 888-651-2886 (2886).
How do I get a duplicate copy of my Certificate of Completion?
If you lose your certificate, please call our customer support at 888-651-2886 (2886) to request a duplicate.
Pricing and Payment
What's included in the DriversEd.com course fee?
The $99 course fee covers the cost of your online drivers education course as well as a Certificate of Completion sent to you by First Class Mail. Once you start the course, you can choose to upgrade your Certificate of Completion shipment for faster delivery if you choose.
How do I pay for the course?
You can pay online using VISA, MasterCard, American Express, or PayPal. You can also pay by credit card over the phone by calling our customer service at 888-651-2886.
Please note that prepaid debit/gift cards issued by VISA, MasterCard, American Express, etc., cannot be used online. Please call us, and we'll be happy to process your payment.
If you would like to pay by check or money order, please mail your payment and along with your username to:
Attn: Billing Dept.
P.O. Box 238
Oakland, CA 94604-0238
Is it safe to use my credit card online?
Yes. We use only the latest security technology to protect your Internet transactions. To ensure your privacy, your credit card number is never kept on file, and we'll never share your information with anyone else.
It is important to us that you are satisfied with your purchase. If you change your mind about the course, we'll refund the full cost of the course purchased on our website within thirty (30) days of purchase. Refunds will only be issued if the course has not been completed. We will issue your refund within thirty (30) days of your request.