Vehicle Securing Procedures
Whenever you park your car, make sure you do the following:
- Make sure that you are stopped within a legal and secure parking space.
- Set the parking brake.
- Put the car gear in park for automatic transmission. For manual transmission put the car either in first or reverse gear.
- Turn off any accessories used.
- Turn off ignition switch and remove key.
- Check for traffic prior to exiting vehicle. Open door safely and face traffic when getting out of the vehicle.
- Secure doors and windows.
- Lock your vehicle and take the keys with you.