Oklahoma DMV Central
Oklahoma dmv vehicle registration

DriversEd.com Oklahoma DPS
License Plates

  • In Oklahoma, new, renewal, and duplicate plate requests are handled through state licensed tag agents.

    There are several different types of specialty plates available to drivers in the state of Oklahoma. Although anyone wanting a specialized plate will most likely be charged an additional fee, many types of plates do not require special applications or qualifications and can be obtained through a licensed tag agent. However, there are some instances where certain criteria must be met before qualifying for special plates. In almost all cases, the vehicle concerned must be registered in Oklahoma before license plate can be obtained.

    • Registration in General

      All motor vehicles will need to be registered annually, unless in salvage or junked status (salvage/junk title issued). No exclusion is made for vehicles/boats/motors not in use. The type of registration depends upon the type of vehicle, its use and, in some instances, upon the special qualification of the owner. For more information, find your local Tag Agent/Office or nearest OK DMV Office.

    • Registration Renewals

      In most instances, a registration renewal reminder notice is sent to the owner and address on the Motor Vehicle system prior to a vehicle's registration expiration. You can renew your registration by mail as well. You would send the required information in to the Oklahoma Tax Commission or any Tag Agent/Office.

    Note: This article was accurate when it was published. Please confirm all details directly with the OK DPS. You can visit the OK DPS website or call the DPS for more information.

  • DriversEd.com is a privately held company and is in no way associated with the Department of Motor Vehicles, any other government agency, or the driving schools listed in this website. All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. DriversEd.com does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages.