Oklahoma DMV Central
Oklahoma dmv other services

DriversEd.com Oklahoma DPS
New Oklahoma Residents

  • Although the Sooner State is not as strict as some other states when it comes to transferring driver licenses, there are still certain things you'll have to do as a new resident.

    New residents who own a vehicle that is physically present in the state must register the vehicle with the DPS before applying for an Oklahoma driver license. When registration has been completed, you may take your valid out-of-state license and another form of I.D. (a passport, DPS issued I.D. card, sealed birth certificate, U.S. Armed services I.D., Bureau of Indian Affairs or Oklahoma tribal photo I.D. card, alien registration card, or citizen naturalization document) to a Driver Examiner. You will need to take a vision test in order to receive your new license, but written and driving tests may be waived.

    For more information about Oklahoma driver license and registration laws, visit the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety website here. You will need to learn about driving rules and regulations in Oklahoma before getting you license. DriversEd.com's Oklahoma drivers education course is an excellent source for those who want to know about driving in this state.

    Note: This article was accurate when it was published. Please confirm all details directly with the OK DPS. You can visit the OK DPS website or call the DPS for more information.

  • DriversEd.com is a privately held company and is in no way associated with the Department of Motor Vehicles, any other government agency, or the driving schools listed in this website. All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. DriversEd.com does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages.