Stay current with blog updates, new offers, and exclusive deals! Join our mailing list today.
It’s not just so you can impress your newest crush with an awesome car or your amazing driving skills, but simply so you can date at all. Let me explain my point of view.
1. There are so many places in the U.S. where you need your own transportation to get around. Let’s take Austin, Texas, for instance. A 2011 study by Walk Score ranked Austin as the 31st most walkable of fifty largest U.S. cities. Austin scored only 47 in walkability, making it a car-dependent city. Not so many options for taking your date for a walk, right? Especially if it’s chilly winter time. And it’s probably not a good idea to hire your overprotective parent or nosy friend as a chauffeur.
2. Being a very romantic and sentimental person (not unlike other girls out there), I would be really touched and impressed if my first date, and some of the following ones, took place in a background of a beautiful scenery, such as hiking on one of California’s mountains, walking on the beach by the ocean, and talking by the sound of the ocean. Sure, you can put props and decorations on your garage door and pretend that you’re hanging out in womb of nature, but your chances are definitely doubled if the landscape is authentic. Do you want to get there by bus and spend a couple of extra hours getting to know your new potential love?
3. Free online dating is an absolutely beautiful thing, but don’t forget the fact that it can conceal a couple of unpredictable moments. What if you find out that the person you’ve been chatting and flirting with so easily online, whose amazing pictures came to your dreams in the night, turns out to be an irksome, smelly monster? You have only one way to save your sanity: escape! And the importance of being able to drive at a moment like this cannot be overstated!
Convinced? Well, then let’s see what you can do to get your pass to the freedom of dating. As you might have heard before, there are usually two steps in getting your drivers license and your independence to travel:
1. Take a drivers ed course. It’s required in many states, but even if it isn’t, it’s still a good idea to learn the rules of the road. Some driving schools offer online drivers ed programs, which you can complete online in your own time with no rush: no strict or confusing instructors, no constantly distracting classmates. If your state requires drivers education, make sure the course you’re taking is approved in your state. Whether you’re in Texas , California , Illinois , Arkansas , or any other state in America, we’re here to help you! After successfully completing the course, you’ll be ready to get your learners permit and start in-car training.
2. Take your behind-the-wheel training . Check the behind-the-wheel requirements in your state. To get the most of your driving education make sure that your driving school is licensed and your instructors are certified professionals. Make sure you get practice driving in the nighttime and on variety of roads and in different road conditions. And when you’re done with this fun part, you’ll be ready to take your drivers test at the DMV and finally become a licensed driver!
“Licensed driver” is a good title to have! It opens up a lot of doors and roads, including the fun and enjoyable world of dating!