Kentucky Teen Drivers Ed FAQ
Earning a Kentucky drivers license should be simple. We know your goal is to get in the drivers seat as soon as possible and with as little hassle as possible—and we can help you.
How It Works
How does online drivers ed work?
The process is simple. Create an account to start the Kentucky drivers education course and start improving your knowledge of rules and regulations today.
Your course is available to you online 24/7. That means you can log in and out whenever you want and from any computer that has Internet access! When you log back in, you'll be at the exact place you left off. Doesn't that sound better than spending your weekends in a classroom?
At the end of the course there will be a final exam. Don't worry though—you can take it as many times as you need in order to pass. Once you pass the test, your paperwork will be filed for you and you'll receive your Proof of Completion.
Who should take a Kentucky drivers education course?
If you're under 18, you need to take a Kentucky drivers education course to earn your license. This graduated driver licensing (GDL) course helps new drivers under 18 learn and understand traffic laws and regulations for the State of Kentucky.
Does this course satisfy state licensing requirements?
Unfortunately, the graduated driver licensing (GDL) course is not currently approved by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, but our course has proven to arm new drivers with the tools and knowledge needed to take their drivers license test.
What is the difference between drivers education and drivers training?
- Drivers Education: a course which teaches you the rules of the road, vehicle safety, and everything that you need to know before you get behind the wheel for the first time. In the past, everyone had to take drivers education in a classroom setting, but now in many states you can do it online!
- Drivers Training: the in-car driving lessons that you take with a licensed driving instructor. Find a local driving school here.
Can I earn an auto insurance discount with this course?
For many insurance providers, Proof of Completion of a drivers education course qualifies you for a discount on your auto insurance. However, because every driver's situation is different, the only way to know for sure is to ask your insurance agent.
How much does the course cost?
The cost for the online Kentucky drivers education course is .
How long will it take for me to finish the course?
This will vary depending on your individual pace. The course is designed to take 4 hours. The good news is that with this online course, you can go at your pace and log in and out whenever you want. Think how fast time can fly if you do 20 minutes here and there!
When will I receive my Proof of Completion?
After you complete the course, you'll receive a Proof of Completion document showing that you successfully completed this course. Various delivery options are available, including free, USPS delivery.
Pricing and Payment
What's included in the course fee?
The course fee covers the cost of your Kentucky drivers education course and your Proof of Completion document. Various document delivery options are available, including free, USPS delivery.
What is DriversEd.com Roadside Assistance?
At DriversEd.com, we are here for you every step of the way - that's why we've teamed up with Allstate Roadside Services to provide DriversEd.com students with three months of free roadside assistance. Turns out you can put a price tag on peace of mind!
Here's how it works:
- Sign up for any DriversEd.com Drivers Ed course.
- During checkout, make sure to click the button to claim your free trial of Roadside Assistance. This will enroll you in your three free months of roadside assistance. Free trial enrollment is only available during checkout. After your trial ends, your card will be charged $5/month, and you can cancel at any time.
- Hit the road with peace of mind knowing you are covered with emergency roadside assistance.
What you'll get:
- Roadside coverage available 24/7, anywhere in the United States
- Anyone in the DriversEd.com driver's family can use it!
- Digital tools to help you get the right service fast
- Towing, fuel delivery, lockout service, and more!
- For more information about the benefits involved, check out our terms and conditions here.
Got more questions? Contact our dedicated DriversEd.com Roadside Assistance line:
Phone: +1 (888) 289-2816
I have questions about my Roadside Assistance. Who should I contact?
Simply contact our dedicated Roadside Assistance support team, and a Customer Experience agent will help you out!
Phone: +1 (888) 289-2816
How do I use my Roadside Assistance service?
If you need to use your Roadside Assistance Benefits for towing, fuel delivery, or another included service, contact Allstate at 1-855-520-3691.
How do I cancel my DriversEd.com Roadside Assistance?
If you would like to cancel your Roadside Assistance, simply contact our dedicated Roadside Assistance agents.
Phone: +1 (888) 289-2816
It is important to us that you are satisfied with your purchase. If you change your mind about the course, we'll refund the full cost of the course purchased on our website within thirty (30) days of purchase. Refunds will only be issued if the course has not been completed. We will issue your refund within thirty (30) days of your request.