When Passing is Authorized or Prohibited
Passing is illegal and unsafe in the following conditions:
- Your line-of-sight is restricted or limited by a curve, hill, or weather conditions, e.g., fog, rain, snow.
- When space is narrowed, and your front zones are closed.
- Cross-traffic is present, even if there are no warning signs.
- When there is a solid yellow line on your side of the roadway.
- A school bus is loading or unloading children.
- Attempting to pass a long line of vehicles.
- A vehicle ahead has indicated an intention to turn or stop.
- Traffic is too close.
- If you are unable to complete the pass before reaching the no-passing zone lane marking.
- The vehicle ahead is at or near the speed limit