Turnout Areas

Turnout area

Special areas called turnouts are sometimes marked on two-way highways. You may pull to the side in these areas and allow cars behind you to pass. Some roads have passing lanes instead of turnouts to allow passing. If you are driving a slow-moving vehicle on a two-way highway where passing is unsafe, pull to the side wherever you can and let the vehicles pass.