If you wish to obtain a certified copy of a Georgia driving record (also called a "motor vehicle report"), you may either obtain it in person at any Customer Service Center or mail a written application to the Department of Driver Services. You can also print a copy of your Georgia driving record (MVR) online at the DDS website. However, this copy will not be certified.
You may obtain the following types of driving records:
3 YEAR RECORD $6.00 fee 7 YEAR RECORD $8.00 fee
If you choose to apply for the record in person, you will need to display your drivers license. If you are obtaining the record for someone else, you will need to present the following documents:
- A notarized authorization form from the licensee naming the person authorized to receive the record.
- The full name, date of birth, and Georgia drivers license number of the licensee.
- The person receiving the report for another individual must also show proper identification.
If you wish to apply for the driving record via mail, you will need to submit a notarized letter to the DDS. Please include the following in the letter:
- Your full name as it appears on your drivers license,
- Your drivers license number,
- Your date of birth,
- The complete mailing address,
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope,
- Your notarized signature,
- The appropriate payment (cashier's checks and money orders only).
Mail the application to the following address:
Georgia Department of Driver Services
Customer Service, Licensing and Records
PO Box 80447
Conyers, GA 30013
Note: This article was accurate when it was published. Please confirm all details directly with the GA DDS. You can visit the GA DDS website or call (678) 413-8600 in Atlanta or (866) 754-3687 (outside Atlanta)for general drivers license and registration information.
DriversEd.com is a privately held company. All DriversEd.com Georgia courses are certified by the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS). DriversEd.com is in no way associated with the DDS, any other government agency, or the driving schools listed on this website. All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. DriversEd.com does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages.