Ready to head into the DMV office? Check the location and hours, and schedule an appointment if you need one. To find an office location in a different city, use the dropdown menu above.
Manteca, CA DMV
955 Davis Street,
Manteca, CA 95337 Expand Map
- 8:00 AM - 5 PM (Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri)
- 9:00 AM - 5 PM (Wed)
- Driver License and ID Card Processing
- Vehicle Registration
- (800) 777-0133
Make Your Trip to the DPS Less Painful
A trip to the DMV can feel stressful if you don’t plan ahead. So, before you run out the door, we’ve gathered a few tips to make your trip to the Department of Motor Vehicles a little less agonizing.
Just Don’t Go - Do it Online
Did you know the California DMV offers certain services online? You can:
- Start a drivers license application.
- Renew an expired drivers license or ID card.
- Replace a lost or stolen drivers license or ID card.
- Change your address on your drivers license or ID card.
- Renew your car registration.
- Complete liability release after a car is sold.
- Order stylish specialized license plates.
If you need one of these services, try doing it online first. Go HERE.
See how it works:
DMV Inside Your Supermarket?
The California DMV has built out kiosks commonly found in grocery stores, libraries, and city halls. These are part of the DMV Now program. DMV Now kiosks allow you to:
- Renew your registration.
- Collect a license plate sticker.
DMV Now kiosks aren't offered everywhere in California. Find your closest kiosk HERE.
See how it works:
Cut in Line, Legally
You can electronically get in line at any DMV by booking an appointment through their online booking system. You can make an online appointment to:
- Apply for a first-time drivers license.
- Apply for an AB60 license.
- Renew an expired drivers license or identification card.
- Replace a lost or stolen drivers license or identification card.
- Change your address on your drivers license or identification card.
- Much much more.
Just schedule an appointment on the DMV website. The DMV will email or text you notification of your appointment time. Go to work, attend a class, run errands, or watch a movie until your approved appointment time.
Make an online appointment HERE.
Avoid the Rush
When you need to go to the DMV in-person or you have a complicated transaction, your best option is to avoid the below times and days:
- Avoid Mondays and Fridays. In general, Mondays and Fridays tend to be busier than other days.
- Avoid lunchtime. A lot of optimistic folks brave the DPS at lunch thinking they’ll get through the line quickly. They usually don’t.
- Avoid the day before or after a holiday. The DPS isn’t open on holidays. All those customers not getting serviced spill over to other days.
DriversEd.com is a privately held company and is in no way associated with the Department of Motor Vehicles, any other government agency, or the driving schools listed in this website. All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. DriversEd.com does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages.